Why Doctor Yu is for You!
Sleep Apnea Treatment
Sleep apnea is a serious condition that causes a person to stop breathing during sleep. In some cases, you may stop breathing hundreds of times in one sleep cycle. If you think you may have sleep apnea, contact our office for a consultation.
Sleep apnea may be caused by genetics, poor posture, allergies, enlarged tonsils, and other issues. Obstructive sleep apnea is the most common form of sleep apnea. This is caused by airways in the throat and mouth collapsing during sleep. If you have obstructive sleep apnea you or your partner may notice:
- Extended pauses in breathing during sleep.
- Loud snoring.
- Restless sleep.
- Serious daytime sleepiness.
- Irritability or personality change.
- Poor memory or concentration.
- Weight gain.
If left untreated, sleep apnea increases risks of:
- Cardiovascular disease.
- Other serious health complications.
If you have been diagnosed with sleep apnea, contact Grand Avenue Smiles for a consultation. Dr. Yu can provide you with effective treatment options to improve your sleep and your health. For more information or to request an appointment, contact Grand Avenue Smiles.
CPAP VS CUSTOM ORAL APPLIANCE
- Mask makes people feel claustrophobic
- Facial irritaitons
- Not able to sleep on stomachs
- Difficult finding comfortable sleeping position
- Loud noise
- Not able to travel
- CUSTOM ORAL APPLIANCE
- Non invasive
- Requires no electricity
- Easy to clean
- Ability to talk, eat, and drink while wearing
- Improves quality of life